Theatre Performance Auditions
All prospective BFA Theatre, Performance Concentration Majors must audition for acceptance into the program. Students must audition on one of the dates below only. There are no individual auditions available.
2018-2019 AUDITION DATES
@University at Buffalo
Saturday, November 17, 2018
Friday, February 8, 2019
Saturday, February 16, 2019
**Students may audition only ONCE per an audition cycle. If you would like to to re-audition you must wait until the following academic year.
*An audition is only required for admission to the BFA Theatre Performance (Acting) program, not for the BA Theatre major. BA Theatre majors take acting courses, audition, and are cast regularly in productions, but they are not guaranteed spots in the BFA acting sequence courses.
REGISTER NOW FOR THEATRE PERFORMANCE AUDITIONS
To register for an audition, you must fill out an Audition Form for Acting and submit your $30 application fee via the Pay Now link. After you submit the on-line form and make the on-line payment, you will be mailed a confirmation of your audition date.
- Perform two contrasting monologues from published pays, not to exceed a total running time of four minutes. The monologues may be from comedies or dramas of any period, although more modern works are preferred. The pieces must be memorized. Try to include some physical movement, and do not perform either monologue sitting down for the entire piece.
- Wear neat clothing that honestly shows how you look and move. Avoid constrictive or trendy clothing and chunky shoes.
- Choose material that is appropriate for your age, experience, and character range. Avoid dialects, extreme physicality, and props.
- Be prepared to answer some brief questions from the auditioners about your experience, strengths, weaknesses, and goals. Be honest, direct, and relaxed. We want to get to know you, and we want you to do your best.
- Performing Arts Profile; see below for information
- Cost of the Audition Workshop Fee is $30.00. There is a PAY NOW option on the audition form.
PERFORMING ARTS PROFILE
Prospective THEATRE PERFORMANCE students are required to bring a PERFORMING ARTS PROFILE with them to the audition. This profile should be clearly labeled with the student’s name and should include:
- Resume of production/performance experience
- Training History
- Career Goal Statement (three paragraph, 150 words)
- Head shot: 3″ x 5″ or larger photo
- Two reference letters that include the references’ contact information.
Vincent O’Neill, Director of Theatre Performance