Design & Technology (including Stage Management) Interviews
Intended Design & Technology majors interested in applying for the BFA degree should schedule an interview. This interview is in addition to your application to the University. You must apply and be accepted to UB in order to join the BFA in Design & Technology major. Although UB has rolling admissions, we encourage students to apply by Dec. 1 in order to receive full consideration for merit-based scholarships.
Interview Dates for Students entering UB in Fall 2017:
- November 18, 2016 – University at Buffalo @ 11am
- February 3, 2017 – University at Buffalo @ 9am
- February 11, 2017 – University at Buffalo @9am
- Students unable to attend the on-campus interviews may submit an e-portfolio, resume, and letter of intent directly to the Director of Design & Technology, Dyan Burlingame, at: email@example.com. Please see the interview requirements for portfolio submission guidelines. Also, please complete the interview registration form and choose “e-portfolio” from the interview drop-down options.
On-campus interviews are held in the Alumni Arena Design Studio, Room 195.
You day will include:
- Interview with Design/Tech Faculty
- A meeting for parents/guardian with the Academic Advisor
- Tour of the Center for the Arts lead by current Design & Technology Students
- University Tour (if interested, you must register online at admissions.buffalo.edu, click on Visit, and then Visit UB Program).
- Note: A parking pass is required if you are going to park on campus. You will receive one with your interview confirmation letter.
Upon receipt of your registration form, you will be given a time slot for your interview.
Click here to fill out the Design & Technology interview registration form.
Still need to apply to UB? Click here!
Learn about the Perry Watkins Scholarship for intended Design/Tech majors.
Additional information for all:
- BA Theatre majors may interview for the BFA degree in their freshman or sophomore year. An interview is only required for admission directly into the BFA Design & Technology major, not for the BA Theatre major.
- BA Theatre majors may take all design, technology, and management courses, apply for production positions, and are regularly given production assignments. However, BFA students will have priority in production assignments and other special programs.
- All UB Theatre & Dance productions are designed by undergraduate students.
- Paid student assistant technical positions are available at UB’s Center for the Arts.
- BFA Design & Technology majors are expected to remain in good standing.