Dance Alumni Achievements
UB Dance Alumni continue to exemplify the mission statement: Versatility Matters. We are proud of the achievements of our alumni and celebrate their accomplishments in dance performance, education & scholarship, dance science and somatics, and the many diverse career paths that began by earning a BS or BFA in Dance at UB.
The list below chronicles 43 years of alumni achievement. Some of the highlights are listed below. Please scroll down to view the complete list.
Karen Schupp ‘94 – Arizona State University, Associate Professor; Jon Lehrer ‘96 Artistic Director, Lehrer Dance; Channon Judson ’01 Principal Dancer: Urban Bush Women; Robin Slisz Bishop ’02 Owner/Director, Danceabilty; Gina Pero ‘02 Creator and Host The Gina Pero Show: Living Life Full Out; Maia Evwaraye-Griffin ’03 Performer: Wicked, Broadway Cast; Lindsey Craven ’03 MFA, co-editor the textbook Jazz Dance: A History of the Roots and Branches, Roberto Villanueva Executive/Artistic Director BalaSole Dance Company, Inc.Outreach Director, Dance Theater of Harlem Teal Darkenwald ’05 Associate Professor of Dance Founder of UltraBarre; Matt Pardo ‘06 MFA, Dancer, Lucinda Childs; Amanda Glowacki,’07 DPT; Jenny Laroche -Television SMASH on NBC; Christopher Howard ’09 “An American In Paris” US Tour. Krista Scimeca ‘10 Disney Professional Management Program; Alyssa Infranco ‘11 MS Dance Therapy; Jared Cutler’15 Dance Captain/Dancer Norwegian Cruise Line.
UB Alumni Perform Benefit Concert:
Jessica Wolfrum news interview:
- Jasmine Coon – On Stage Dance Center, Centerville, VA
- Sarah Dodd – Dancer and Marketing Coordinator Smashworks, NYC; Intern/work-study at Gibney Dance Center
- Liz Kaletenbach – Graduate School, Le Moyne University
- Kayla Jowski – Marketing Associate, The Berman Group
- Angel Mamolitti – Dancer, LA
- Talia Putrino – Steps on Broadway
- Jon Yepez – Musicalfare Theater, Buffalo, NY
- Jen Apter – Go 2 Talent Agency, LA
- Shelby Bonetti – Epic Dance Company, NJ
- Dana Bojarski – Dance Instructor: University at Buffalo Dept. of Athletics
- Becca Corbin – Dancer, Instructor: Just off Broadway, NYC
- Jared Cutler – Dance Captain/Dancer at Norwegian Cruise Line
- Maria Cwiklinski – Dancer NYC – DoubleTake Dance
- Lexi Julien – Dancer, Balla Sole, NYC
- Fallon Martin – Dancer Los Angeles, CA, & Freelance PR and Social Media.
- Lisa Kaemmerlin – Dancer, Norwegian Cruise Line
- Holli Simmi – Instructor, Barb Denny Studio of Dance
- Farrah Thompson – Dancer, Ad Deum Dance Company, Houston Texas
- Emmy Thomas – Dancer, Aspire Dance Project, Portland Oregon
- Cristiana Cavallo – Company Member Lehrer Dance
- Pedro Bryan Acosta – Dance Instructor Performance Edge, Florida
- Zosha Giacamora – Dancer, Stiletto Cruise Line
- Andrea Fitzpatrick, Ballroom Dancer, Crystal Cruises
- Julie Marrazzo – DPT Long Island University
- Laurel Brown – Dancer, Royal Caribbean International
- Alexia Buono – Adjunct Professor, University at Buffalo Graduate School of Education
- Madison Hogan – Instructor University at Buffalo Department of Athletics
- Melissa Hunt – Dance Instructor 92nd Street Y; Founder NJ Dance Project
- Kate Kenyon – Pure Barre Instructor, NYC
- Ashley Peters – Dancer, BalaSole; Gina Gibney Dance
- Jessica Walts – MA Syracuse University Arts Leadership
- Alyssa Infranco – MS Sarah Lawrence; Dance Therapy
- Ashlee Lodico – MS, RDN. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist; Dance Teacher at Elite Dance Company.
- Emily Willhelm – Graduate School, University at Buffalo MBA
- Kasey Buechler – Graduate School, South Korea
- Marlee Sroka – Dance Instructor, Edge Artistic Dance Center, Liverpool, NY
- Shanna Bonetti – Epic Dance Company, NY
- Julie LaMancuso –National Convention Faculty and Adjudicator: American Dance Awards, guest teacher and choreographer across the US and Canada.
- Sally Mementowski – Tokyo Disney
- Gianina Mixco – MS Sarah Lawrence; Dance Therapy
- Elijah Coleman, MFA Rutgers University
- Sarah Strebel – Royal Caribbean International/Dance Captain
- Taylor Hiller – Marketing Associate at Revolution Dancewear, Dance Teacher at La Danse Academie, Chicago, Illinois
- Desiree Albert – University at Buffalo Medical School
- Anna Busch – Performer Walt Disney World
- Brianna Jahn – MFA Dance at U of Arizona, Dance Faculty, University of Southern Mississippi; Dancer with Hub Dance Collective
- Elliot Keller – Performer Celebrity Cruises and Poet Theatricals
- Laura Neese – Development Intern Dance New Amsterdam, NY, NY
- Patrick Leahy – Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Adrea McNulty – Performer Cruise Ship
- Brittney Sprung – Performer Disney Live!
- Kelly McClure – Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Carie Jurek – Education Coordinator Broadway Dance Center
- Nicole Benoit – National Tour, My Fair Lady; Cruise Ship
- Susan Kranz-Scorio – MS Health and Human Performance; Physiologist at Buffalo Medical Group; Dance Instructor: Jaclyn Carol’s Dance Academy
- Mary Ann Lucas – Dancer, Cruise Ship
- Nicole Klerer – Broadway Dance Center; Dancer New Jersey Devils
- John Kasten – STREB Dance
- Krista Scimeca – Disney Professional Management Program
- Sara Senecal – Dancer: Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company and teaching at Dance Force
- Angela Todaro – Los Angeles Choreographers and Dancers; Hart Pulse Dance Company; Zahira BellyDance Company; Lunasha Bollywood Company and Cabaret Versatile. Choreographer for DOMA Theatre Co., ALLSTAR Cabaret, and Creative City Rep. Co., Stage Scene LA Scenie Award for best choreo. “Xanadu”.
- Rebekah Brown – MFA (Dance) Mills College; choreographing/ performing for the Mills College Alumni Show; Starting a new company: “Girls In Boots”; member Natasha Carlitz Dance Ensemble; Teacher: Spark of Creation Studio in San Francisco; Haiao Chinese Academy.
- Christie LoCango – Busch Gardens, Performer, Choreographer
- Colleen Walsh – LehrerDance Company
- Christopher Howard – “An American In Paris” US Tour. Dance Captain/Swing/ u/s Henri. National Tour, Billy Elliott; “Spectacular New Production of ‘The Phantom of the Opera,'” US tour, swing/assistant dance captain/Actor’s Equity Deputy
- Stephanie Potteiger – National Tour, Michael Jackson’s Man in the Mirror; Company member ALMA
- Chelsea Crane – MSW Social Work, Teaching Artist, Arts in Healthcare Roswell Park and Children’s Hospital, Buffalo, NY
- Rachel Elzufon – News Reporter for WKBW-TV, Buffalo, NY
- Michael Peter Deeb – Member Actors’ Equity Association; National Tours: Chorus Line Young Frankenstein the Musical, assistant director/choreographer for the West Coast Regional Performer: Celebrity Cruises, premiere of The Great Gatsby at the Plaza Hotel. He currently Assists and demonstrates for Broadway veteran Jeff Shade; represented by McDonald Selznick Associates, NYC
- Kelsey Emmett – Teacher and Administrative Assistant at Locust Performing Arts Center in Stamford, CT; Social Media Director/ General Advisor for Sweet Pistachio Patisserie.
- Dana Henneborn – Actor, Rock of Ages, Las Vegas
- Sara Kaye – Aerialist; Performer Cruise Ship
- Nicole Klerer – Internship Broadway Dance Center
- Jenny Laroche -Television: SMASH on NBC and the Radio City Rockettes
- Stephanie Pottegier– National Tour: “The Illusionists Live from Broadway”
- Jason Stotz – Missouri Contemporary Ballet, Catapult Dance
- Shayna (White) Skonieczki – Dancer: Stiletto Entertainment, Huston Met, MovemenContinuum, Lexington Kentucky Faculty: Centre College, Lexington, Kentucky
- Triscia Marie David – Syracuse School of Dance; Syracuse Contemporary Dance Company
- Hayley Sunshine – Owner Buffalo In-Home Pilates; Director, ConvergeDance, Buffalo, NY
- Amanda Glowacki, DPT
- Andrew Delo – Peking University Institute of World Theater and Film Faculty
- Richard Ashworth – Principal Dancer: Chicago Tap Theatre
- Nicole Dalton-Muscari – Dancer: Carnival Cruise lines & Princess Cruises. Performer/Dance Captain: Disney Live!
- Caitlin Fraser – Director of Dance Isabella Dance Center, Albany, NY
- Nicole Pavone – Urbanity Dance, Boston MA
- Katie Heintz – Dancer Houston Metropolitan Dance
- Matt Pardo – MFA U of Wisconsin; Assistant Professor, Elon University; Performer Lucinda Childs, Top 100 Dancers 2010-11 in the World Dance Euro Magazine
- Brittany Griffin – Performer: Dream Girls, National Tour; Tour/Rehearsal Director, South Africa
- Jenny Richiuso – National Tour Spamalot
- Cesar Salinas – Principal Dancer: Gus Giordano Jazz Dance Chicago
- Breanne O’Toole – MSA Agency NY, NY
- Lindsey Sahm – DPT
- Sarah Creagan – Radio City Rockette
- Ashely Curry – Dancer, Stiletto Entertainment
- Kristen Danga – Staging Specialist, Walt Disney Productions, Orlando, Florida
- Claire Jacobs-Zysman – Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company
- Tanya Reese Stand-in and photo double for TV and movie actors; Member of the musical theatre company 30 Minute Musical
- Danielle Kozel Vegas, “Crazy Girls” ; Farrington Productions; ICE Agency; Royal Caribbean Cruise Line; Spirit Productions.
- Kelin Barr – Performer, Spirit Productions; Represented by MSA; Instructor Groove Dance, Westchester, NY; Adjudicator, Dance Conventions, and Competitions
- Brian Maciak – Owner/Director of The Fuse Dance Center in Binghamton, NY.
- Ashleigh Buckley Special Education Teacher, Boston, MA; Dance Instructor part time at a studio in Wellesley, MA.
- Janet Werther, MFA Research Fellow, CUNY Center for Humanities
- Sarah Burns – DPT, Radio City Rockette
- Teal Darkenwald – Associate Professor of Dance at East Carolina University and Founder of UltraBarrehttp://myultrabarre.com/
- Chelley Janczewski, Instructor, Barre Code, Chicago, Ill
- Joice Henry – Dance coordinator and instructor actor at Wichita Children’s Theatre and Dance Center in Wichita, KS
- Amanda Benzin – Principal Dancer: Jump Rhythm Jazz Project, MFA Northern Colorado University
- Alexandra Swonder – M.Ed. Dance Education; Buffalo Academy for Visual and Performing Arts, Dance Faculty
- Julie Spring – Sesame Street Live
- Amy Vankirk – Assistant Professor of Dance, Radford University, SW VA. MFA University of Arizona. Dancer/dance captain for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.
- Maia Evwaraye-Griffin – Performer: Wicked, Broadway Cast
- Lindsey Craven – Assistant Professor of Dance and the Director of Dance
Salve Regina University in Newport, RI. MFA: University of Arizona. co-editor the textbook Jazz Dance: A History of the Roots and Branches!
- Krystn Kubisty – Thomas is living in Fredericksburg, VA Master Class Teacher and Dance Intensive instructor to dance/gymnastics/baton/cheer studios here in VA/DC and MD. Website: kkschoreography.com!
- Roberto Villanueva – Executive/Artistic Director BalaSole Dance Company, Inc.
Outreach Director, Dance Theater of Harlem; Principal Dancer: Alpha Omega Dance Company, Complexions Dance Company, and Marie-Christine Giordano Dance;
- Jill Terkelsen. Teacher: Third Grade Special Education, Hudson Valley of New York.
- Danielle Sheather – MFA University of Arizona, Visiting Assistant Prof East Carolina University
- Tricia Famolaro-Zegerelli – Co-owner of Dance Works Studio in Utica, NY. thedanceworksstudio.com
- Kathryn Bisland – Owner/director of The Bisland Dance Centre, Toronto, Ontario. Actress national commercial campaigns in Canada; Ensemble Member Witty Woman -all female stand-up comedy show, Toronto.
- Andrea Fornarola-Hunsberger – Owner Elements Fitness NYC
- Shelley Isler – Choreographer, Busch Gardens
- Meghen Squires – Assistant Professor at Western Kentucky University, Company Member of Moving Collective – Louisville, KY, Co-Director: Convergence Dance Theatre – Honolulu, HI
- Jessica Wolfrum – Principal Dancer: River North Chicago Dance Company
- Gina Pero – Creator and Host The Gina Pero Show: Living Life Full Out;Radio City Rockettes,
- Yvonne (Messer) Diaz-Flores: dance studio owner: In Focus Dance Center, Wyandotte, MI
- Lisa Ientilucci – Principal Dancer: LehrerDance
- Robin Slisz Bishop – Owner/Director, Danceabilty
- Courtney Anderson – Assistant Professor of Dance, Sewanee University of the South
- Nikia Manders – MA Dance Education, NYU; Dance Instructor, The Berkely Institute, Bermuda.
- Rebecca Guile-Wind Director Xtreme Dance Project and Infinity Dance
- Marissa Manzare – Boston Ballet School Administrative Director
- Joe Celej – Dancer and Choreographer: Elisa Monte Dance and Houston Metropolitan Dance Company
- Laura Falkowski OB/GYN at Good Samaritan Hospital, West Islip, NY
- Chanon Judson – Principal Dancer: Urban Bush Women
- Takyia Amin Ph.D. Assistant Professor North Carolina University Chapel Hill
- Robin Thompson Ph.D, Adjunct New York University
- Michelle Willadeson – Dance Faculty, Drury University, Missouri
- Rene Giglia Teaching dance; adjudicating dance competitions; teaching master classes regionally/nationally.
- Ishia Shebanie Wilson 200 hr certified Vinyasa and Hot Yoga Teacher. Manager: Tadasana Yoga Studio in Wappingers Falls
- Sara Bowen – Principal Dancer: Jump Rhythm Jazz Project
- Michelle Willadeson Dance Faculty, Drury University,
- Amy Pizio – Aiken Performing Arts High School, South Carolina, Dance Faculty
- Donielle Janora adjucnt instructor: Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ 2000; yoga andbarre certified. Dance Team Advisor and Choreographer for the United States Tournament of Dance
- Tracy Degenfelder – Navarro – University at Buffalo Lecturer, Dance
- Leanne Rinelli – Dayton Contemporary Dance, Bill Evans Dance, Adjunct Buffalo State College, MFA Dance
- Jill (Vogt) Tirone – Owner of DanceFit Marketing, LLC DanceFit Marketing is a team of creative marketing experts, dancers, and designers who understand the dance studio business. email@example.com
- Michelle Utzig – National tours: Crazy for You, Peter Pan
- Michael Jablonksi – Book of Mormon, Matilda (Broadway)
- Beth Polito – National Tours: Some Like it Hot, Beauty and the Beast
- Melissa Speight Dukofsky A., LCAT, LMHC, BC-DMT, NCC. Dance Movement Therapist and Licensed Mental Health Counselor as well as an Advanced Reiki Practitioner. senior psychotherapist in the Department of Psychiatry at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, New York; Dance/movement therapy supervisor/consultant for Queens Children’s Psychiatric Center; Private practice focusing on pain management for those suffering with chronic pain conditions.
- Jamie Holmer – Performer, Choreographer: Rugrats, National Tour; 42nd Street, European Tour
- Jon Lehrer – Artistic Director, LehrerDance, Gus Giordano Jazz Dance Chicago; Performer – Erick Hawkins
- Melanie Manale-Horton – Principal Dancer: River North Chicago Dance Company
- Stephen Hunneshagen – Performer: Peep Show, Off Broadway
- Marty Nagel – Performer, Choreographer, and Master Teacher
- Tammy Bialek-Lehrer Chiropractor
- Karen Schupp – Arizona State University, Associate Professor
- Jeffry Denman – Actor, Director, Choreographer, Playwright, and Author: Broadway credits, White Christmas, The Producers, Dream, Cats, and How to Succeed in Business…; author and choreographer of Dancing in the Dark; first book – My Year With the Producers
- Anne Biancofiore Beck – Choreographer, Educator, and Performer: Saturday Night Fever, Broadway; Dance Faculty Indiana University
- Maria Jo Ralabate Canosa – Performer: Cats, Broadway Credit; World Dancer Epcot Center
- Tara Kane Philipps Instructor: ballet and karate (2nd degree black belt); Nutritional cleansing and replenishing consultant; Dancer: Tokyo Disneyland
Students matriculated in M.F.A. programs in the following schools: Ohio State University; University of Arizona; Arizona State University; Sarah Lawrence; University of Michigan; University of California, Irvine; Oklahoma City University