Design & Technology Alumni Achievements
UB Design & Technology alumni are working internationally, nationally, and locally in disciplines ranging from environmental and stage design, dance management, television and live event production, safety coordination, design and production education, as well as technical direction.
They have consistently earned scholarships and assistantships to pursue Master of Fine Arts degrees in design, technology, and production. Our students have gone on to graduate programs in premier institutions including:
Arizona State University
California Institute of the Arts
California State University, Long Beach
Florida State University
Illinois State University,
Southern Methodist University
University of California-Irvine
University of Connecticut
University of Florida, Gainesville
University of Iowa
University of Maryland, College Park
University of Missouri Kansas City
University of Oregon
- Izumi Inaba, BA, ’06, 2013 Michael Maggio Emerging Designer Award, The Michael Merrit Awards for Excellence in Design & Collaboration, Chicago
- Collin Ranney, BFA, ’07, 2012 Helen Hayes Award in Outstanding Scenic Design Nomination, A YEAR WITH FROG & TOAD, Adventure Theatre, Washington, DC
- Collin Ranney, BFA, ’07, Designer & Co-curator, EMERGE: The USITT/USA 2011 Prague Quadrennial USA Student Exhibit, June 2011
- Rachelle Beckerman, BA, ‘02, Designer & Co-curator, EMERGE: The USITT/USA 2011 Prague Quadrennial USA Student Exhibit, June 2011
- Meghan Raham, BA, ’02, LA Ovation Award Nominations for VENICE, Best Costume Design and Best Scenic Design
- Chelsea Warren, BFA, ’03, 2012 Michael Maggio Emerging Designer Award, The Michael Merrit Awards for Excellence in Design & Collaboration, Chicago
- Izumi Inaba, BA, ’06, Jeff Award Recipient, Artistic Specialization, Makeup Design, Cats – Award Year 2011 – Non-Equity, Theo Ubique Cabaret Theatre in association with Michael James.
- Kathleen Gilliland, BFA, ’09, United States Institute for Theatre Technology, elected office, Vice Chair of Programming, USITT Upstate New York Section.