MFA Application Requirements
Application Requirements- Dance MFA
Applicants for the MFA must have a baccalaureate degree in dance or equivalent dance experience with a degree in another field and have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0. All applicants must participate in an audition.
Applicants will participate in an on-campus audition including performance of the applicant’s original choreography (3 minutes), technique class in Modern, Ballet, and Improvisation (expertise in all forms is not required), an in-person writing sample, and a faculty interview.
International students may submit a video audition and participate in a phone or internet-facilitated interview. A faculty panel will evaluate application materials. Contact the Graduate Program Assistant for more information on international applications.
- Official transcripts (undergraduate and any completed graduate work);
- Digital work samples of original choreography (no more than 10 minutes);
- 1-page statement of intent;
- 2-3 page sample of academic writing (which can be an essay written expressly for the application or a copy of a previously written academic paper);
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with applicants creative work as a performer, choreographer or student;
- Current CV or resume;
- 8×10 photo in any pose with the face showing clearly.
- 2017 TA Application Form (if you are interested in apply for a funded teaching assistantship)
GRE scores are not required for MFA applicants.
Graduate Transfer Credit
Transfer students may bring in up to 12 credits from a prior graduate program. The graduate head of dance must approve all transfer credit. Students may be required to repeat part or all of a course taken at another institution.